Medical Doctor jumps into Lagoon

Image result for man jumps into lagoon
When a learned colleague sent a picture of a car belonging to a man who stopped at the 3rd Mainland Bridge, Lagos and jumped into the lagoon that Sunday evening, I was reluctant to share the news with friends and followers or publish it in the Mighty Voice  because I didn’t believe it was true. But I took a second thought about the picture and decided to post it with the following note about the it.
SHOCKING! The owner of this car stopped at the middle of 3rd Mainland Bridge and jumped into the lagoon. It happened around 5pm this Sunday, 19 March. Share so that people who knew him will go there”.
Before I went to bed that night, some of my facebook friends and followers started commenting and sharing. I was skeptical about the story as I didn’t get official confirmation as of the time I went to sleep around 10.30pm that Sunday. I hate posting false news.
Some minutes past mid-night I woke up and put on my radio. I tuned from one station to another with curiosity, but I heard nothing. Early in the morning I eagerly put on my radio again to listen to newspaper review.  I felt relieved when almost all the newspapers reviewed that Monday morning wrote about the incident.
The search for the man continued. He is (was) a medical Doctor. The mother and the man’s brothers and sisters still believe he is alive, so it throws writers like me into confusion whether to use past tense or present tense while writing the story about the man. I appreciate their belief and faith in God.
I pray that like Biblical Jonah in the belly of a fish, this dear medical Doctor is still alive in the belly of whale. Jonah was vomited out the third day. It has taken more than three days as at the time of writing this piece, so my prayer is that whether he is alive or dead, let him or the body be found to relieve the tension. Like other Nigerians, I am anxiously waiting to rejoice with the mother and relatives or to mourn with them.
As it is now the right title should be, 'Medical Doctor jumps into the Lagoon' and not 'Medical Doctor commits suicide' until the contrary is proved. However, Mighty Voice warns that no matter the problem, SUICIDE  is not the option.

Comments