Crime: How lesson Teacher rapes Student employed to teach


A Business Studies teacher Enilolobo Olamilekan, an indigene of Lagos state residing at Ikotun area of the State was arrested for having carnal knowledge of a 12 year-old JSS2 student. According to the story published in the Vanguard newspaper of Wednesday, October 26th, 2016, Olamilekan who confessed to the immoral act said he did it because the girl’s mother did not buy her writing materials for home lesson and he decided to help the innocent girl out.
Olamilekan lured the victim to his own house on the pretext that he would buy her all the necessary books.The teacher confessed that he inserted his manhood into her mouth, but had to quickly remove it when he saw his own younger brother coming back from school through the window.
According to him, “I teach them Business Studies, while I take some of the students on extra lesson after school hours. Her mother requested for a private lesson for her daughter and I told the mother to get her writing materials last Tuesday. But on Wednesday, she did not do her home work and when I asked why, she said her mother had not bought books for her. She also said she was hungry and I went to a shop to buy some things and she followed me. I bought her some books and biscuits and also gave her N50. But the owner of the shop said I should return the empty bottles of soft drinks I earlier bought. She told the girl to follow me and collect them. But when she got home, I brought out my manhood and put it inside her mouth, but when I saw my younger brother through the window, returning from school, I removed it”.
It is shocking how a teacher who was so trusted and employed to teach a pupil could commit a crime of rape on the same pupil. There is no doubt that there are people who are not qualified to teach. There are many quack people masquerading themselves as teachers.
Teaching is a noble profession, and we should all rise up to condemn a crime of this nature. It is a clarion call to the governments at all levels to get rid of those who are not qualified to teach. The Nigerian Union of teachers (NUT) should also rise up to the occasion by disciplining their members. Enough is enough of this type of intolerable misconduct.
Reported by Aminat Adesope

First published in our defunct Blog: www.mightyvoiceinfo.com and republished here because of lessons parents and guardians should learn from this type of crime.

Comments