Sad story of how I fell into the hands of fraudster by Emmanuel Chukwudi Okoye

Please publish this piece in your widely read social medium so that people will learn from it.This is a life experience in Enugu, Nigeria.

On Friday April 27, 2018, I ordered food from my food vendor, but a different guy delivered the food. I asked what happened to the guy that usually serves me food, I was told that he was arrested by the police.

Day after, I ordered again, and the guy that was arrested brought the food. I asked him why he was arrested, and the story below will shock you.

He said that he was at the ATM over the weekend to withdraw some money. After withdrawing and was about to leave, a man whom he met at the ATM stand that evening walked up to him and complained about how his bank network was not available and he needed money urgently to settle his bills.

In fact, he told me that his car knocked someone down and he needs money to pay the hospital bills. He then asked if he could transfer the sum of ninety thousand naira to my account, for me to help him withdraw with my card.

After considering what hospitals do to patients that have not deposited money for treatment, I gave him my account number and he transferred the money and I helped him to withdraw it with my card. I was very happy to help a person in need. He thanked me profusely and we departed. Few days later, I got a call from my bank to come and fill a form urgently. When I got to the bank, I was asked to sit and a BVN Re-registration form was given to me. After some minutes, some policemen came in and I was arrested for phone theft, fraudulent transfer and withdrawal of funds.

To cut the sad story short, the man I helped at the ATM stole someone's phone, hacked his account and transfered money to unsuspecting nine(9)persons at different ATM machines across Enugu.
The nine of us helped him to withdraw close to N1m that day! For my foolishness, immediately I was made to pay the 90 thousand naira he transferred into my account. Thereafter, I was release from police custody. If I didn't have money to pay it would have been worse.

Please learn from this story!

.

Comments