Ibrahim Dikko's Reconciliation with Father Who Rejected Him for Renouncing Islam

 It's a flashback to when I reconciled with my Muslim parents last year August: We hadn't been in peace with my father since my conversion to Christianity.

HiIbrahim Dikko with Wife and Parents

August marked one of the best historical events that happened in my life when I reconciled with my dad.

The issue that kept me away from my home, relatives, society, and friends was that I left Islam and joined Christianity. It was like I committed an abomination that I was hated by all Muslims including my own father who denied me access to his house; and I was sent away like an animal to be killed.

I tried all I could to let my father understand and allow me to practice my newfound faith in Christ but all efforts were abortive. I left home for long, and after 13 years I came back home with a wife and son and there was an amazing reconciliation with him.

Thank you, Jesus, my Dad finally testified when he saw me with my family. "He said, Rashida My son has changed even the way he talks and sees his belly". My Mother laughed and both of us laughed with my wife. He gave us a room in the house. 

Grandfather happily carrying His Grandson

For the first in my lifetime since conversion to Christianity, I have the privilege of passing a night in my father's house. Brethren, it was not easy with me when I converted to Christianity but to God be the Glory that today I see my father accepting me back as his son.

My Muslim father testified about the light in me; he saw a great change. Jesus' light is radiating in my life. My father finally saw the new man in Ibrahim Dikko his own son now living for Jesus, not the old man of Ibrahim Dikko of Mohammed.

The reconciliations were amazing, and peace was restored in the family, among his 14 children, God was able to make me a star in the family, he testified that also.

He said I am the most educated, and the strongest man among his children. He also said I'm the only one who stayed away from the house, and he mentioned all the achievements before he started crying by remembering all he did to me and at the end, he said, ''Son forgive me'' and I said, ''No dad you should forgive me by leaving you''.

Ibrahim Dikko and Father in the Farm

It all ended in praise. I visited his farms, and he was happy and I also empowered him with some money as he expanded his farming. My dad is a senior civil savant; he is in the rank of SMO of a local government but he loves farming.

He always took my son and played with him; he so much loved his grandson. He called me and my wife and blessed us. He said to my wife that he had nothing against me anymore, and he has freed me to practice my newfound faith.

He said how can I fight him again, he is a pastor now, and he is known everywhere. It is Allah who decided to make him this way finally. He said to us that we should feel free to come home for a visit, that doors are open for us.

It was indeed a wonderful reconciliation between me and my father. I haven't had any single problem with my mother, and since my 2 years in Christianity, my mother has been at peace with me and prayed well for me. She helped me during the race because when they planned to harm me she used to inform me and she would give me money to run away; that is how God helped me till date that I am alive.

I am now praying for my father's salvation too; that God almighty may bring him to His light in Christ Jesus, and God is doing it gradually till He will perfect what He has started. Keep praying with them please, including my ten younger sisters in Islam that God will bring all of them to His light in Jesus name, Amen.

Evangelist Ibrahim Dikko

Comments

  1. We thank God for you and your family. It's a great reconciliation and we pray everybody in the family including your parents will take the same decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All Glory to Jesus

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment